PSYCHOLOGIST/CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST (CONTRACT POSITION)
There is an opening for 2 psychologists or clinical psychologists to become part of the team at Dr Sallee McLaren’s Smart Therapy Centre – a growing inner-city private practice with 10 other great clinicians in Fitzroy North that is dedicated to anxiety recovery, relationship work, life/career/lifestyle coaching and many other issues for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Whether you are looking for 5 hours or 30 hours per week we can accommodate you. We are looking for applicants with an interest in working without medication and with a desire for a more proactive, friendly and ‘non-pathology’ approach to therapy. If you are good at your work and interested in learning about cutting-edge neurological research (no previous knowledge is assumed), then we want to hear from you.
Essential Job Criteria:
- Doctoral or Masters level qualification or 4+2 qualification in Psychology
- Eligible to provide Medicare psychological services (MBS Items: 80010 or 80110)
- Own ABN
- Own Indemnity insurance
- Eligible for Medicare provider number
- Reliable, punctual and a strong work ethic
- Commitment to evidence-based therapies such as BT, EMDR, CBT, DBT, ACT, & SFT
- Excellent clinical, writing, organization and communication skills
- Tonnes of initiative and the confidence to work independently
- Commitment to ongoing Professional Development
- Some experience working with a varied client base
- Friendly, warm personality with the ability to build strong rapport with clients
You will be provided with:
- Flexible work hours
- Plenty of clients
- Excellent remuneration ($100 for Clin Psychs & $84 for Gen Psychs for 50 min sessions + lots of incentives and add-ons)
- Great PA support
- Easy going, relaxed, friendly colleagues
- Efficient practice software and payment systems
- Excellent opportunity for clinical skill development (Board Approved Supervision and regular peer supervision sessions)
- Specialized training in SMART THERAPY treatment for anxiety, assertion & addiction.
- An attractive, relaxed workplace located opposite a park and close to gym and 50m outdoor swimming pool with plenty of parking in the close vicinity.
Please email your CV and a 1 page (maximum) statement responding to the essential job criteria to: email@example.com Applications close at 6pm Monday 9 March 2020 but applicants will be interviewed on a first come, first served basis so please submit as soon as possible. We look forward to working with you in the future.